Victoria Golden Rods and Reels > Forum
BIVALVES => METHODS & EQUIPMENT => Topic started by: John Pierce on November 23, 2019, 05:44:55 PM
COOKING CLAMSPREPARATIONCLAMS IN SHELL
CLAMS OUT OF SHELL
- Butter in pan, melt, add crushed garlic, add white wine.
- Place clams in sauce, cover to steam, will open wide, not open chuck, add little lemon, sprinkle with diced parsley, and optional hot sauce.
- If large cut muscle, scoop out clam meat, dip in sauce, eat, or scoop half shell with meat in sauce, eat straight from shell.
- Steam, when fully open, remove and shuck with butter knife. Easier than opening and shucking raw.
- If frying, drain and paper towel dry.